Monday, November 20, 2006

The Beginning

Well, I decided to start my first blog. I have absolutely no blogging experience, nor do I think that I am a particularly good writer. I just want a place where I could post some pictures, talk about the medical school process, and maybe comment on other interesting issues. At the very least, this will be another tool added to my procrastination arsenal.

For starters, a little about myself. I am a Polish immigrant and a senior Molecular and Cell Biology major at the University of Connecticut. My brother, Filip, and girlfriend, Jacki, also attend UConn. I have recently begun the medical school application process. I applied to mostly osteopathic(DO) medical schools, and only a handful of allopathic(MD) medical schools. That will be something that I will dwell into deeper in a later post since the medical school process will be the central theme of this blog.

Another theme will be photography. I recently invested in a digital SLR(Canon EOS 350d) and a couple of lenses, so I should be taking a lot of pictures in the near future. I am an absolute beginner, so don't expect
anything amazing for quite a while. For now, I will leave this initial post with one of my first photoshoped images of my beloved dog Ikar.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey drkuba

can't wait to read some of your posts! best of luck with your app process!

-drmax

Anonymous said...

Kuba

Nice blog. Sorry to hear about UMDNJ. I also love photography (however I am quite partial to the Nikon DSLR's as I shoot with a D200). Best of luck with everything.

~FizbanZymogen

Anonymous said...

i love your dog :)