Thursday, December 14, 2006

3 down, 1 to go

Only 1 final left this semester and then I can go home, relax, do Xmas, and then go to Las Vegas for a week. Tomorow at 6pm I take my Psychology final. Shouldn't be too bad, so I didn't do much studying today.

Instead I spent the evening trying to figure which lens I want to ask my parents to get me for Christmas. I either want a very short lens (~10mm) or a telephoto zoom (something like 70-200mm.) If anyone has any suggestions for some great lenses, LEAVE ME A COMMENT. Actually, even if you don't have a suggestion, leave a comment. Seriously, I want comments. Well, I should have a good post on Friday because I am planning on randomly driving through Connecticut and trying to find some good pictures to take. If anyone from CT or MA knows some nice photo spots, let me know in the COMMENTS.

Alright, so if you guys haven't noticed I added a few google ads to the site in non-important places. I want to see if google will actually pay me eventually if I get enough clicks. We shall see.

Sorry this wasn't a very exciting post. I'm going to post two pictures today. One is another part B&W/part color picture of my dog. The other is a pic of my dad hunting. Both were taken on the same day about 3 weeks ago. New pics will come this Friday after I come back from the trip.

Last thing - I don't proofread my posts and I always have typos. Let's look at it optimistically and say it makes for a more interesting read.



The sharpness of either of these photographs is not spectacular, especially the top one. But I like make parts of photos black and white, and the color of the moss on that day was awesome. That is a natural color, believe it or not. If not, ask me to send you the original RAW image.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of your dad, the hunter! I like it. On the other hand, not a big fan of the Ikar picture. Photoshopping needs work. Love ya :)
Jacki

Jakub said...

Yea, the photoshopping is atrocious, lol. But I wanted to post it anyway :-P

Anonymous said...

haha jakub good luck getting the 70-200 that thing is like $1500. but boy is it awesome. truthfully though i don't think you need it. it's not really casual glass- more for professional. i recommend the 50/1.4 or a wide angle like 17-55. whatever you end up getting make sure it has a low ap. so that you can soak up natural light.
-jacki's sister :)

Jakub said...

Hey Jen,
I think you're thinking of the 2.8L glass. I'm looking at a slower telephoto that's more amatuerish. I already have the 50mm prime, but yea, that is an awesome portrait lens. As far as a 17-55 zoom, I already have a 20-35mm f/3.5 lens, but unfortunetly on an APS-C sensor it is not incredibly wide. I am going to get a 10-20mm lens.

Anonymous said...

cool! i am sure you will put it to good use. i wish you had gone the nikon path so we could swap haha